Monday, January 31, 2011

Gay Bar Thoughts

Over this past weekend, I went to the gay bar with an older friend of mine. We both live in rather small towns neighboring one another. So, from time to time, we venture out into the big city to go out. Mostly to relax and check out guys. Now, both of us can be rather shy. I somewhat overcome that with a little liquid courage. But still, I find two things rather obnoxious.

1. If you were to go to a gay bar with a group of friends or just a friend, that does not mean you are together. As soon as everyone sees my friend and I, they all assume that he is my sugar daddy. By no means is it like that. In fact, we are only friends who like to get out of our small towns and do something adventurous, as I mentioned above. So, just because two people are out together, don't assume they are automatically together, please.

2. Now, as I've been told by others, I am of an attractive quality. Not amazingly hott like Zac Effron, Channing Tatum, or whomever celebrity or otherwise you fancy. But I do have a cute quality about me that makes heads turn from time to time. (I'm trying my hardest to not sound like an ego case.) Anyway, I find myself vexed and perplexed that many guys will not say a word to me, even if I know they want to. It feels either they are not interested, which is okay and I understand. Or, and this is the problem, they are interested and feel they are less that worthy to talk to me. However! I honestly will talk to anyone. Never be afraid to talk to someone because you never know. And in reality, I am tired of always being the one to walk up to someone else. It's exhausting. If you get turned down, don't let that scare you, it's just opening you up to someone else in the place.

These are just some thoughts I have. Please don't judge a book by its cover before you take the chance to know a person. For you never know what amazing things the pages of someone's life has to offer you.

No comments:

Post a Comment