Monday, February 14, 2011

Interpretation

This is based off a real event in my life, but is totally a fictional version of it. You see, I tend to eavesdrop often. Maybe too much. It's just a part of studying the people around me. And I love studying the people around me because all people are so interesting. Yes, quite a few scare me, but that doesn't make them any less interesting. Also, there is this game I play where I pick people out and start to create stories for them. Take a restaurant setting, for instance, there are plenty of people to pick from. So, you would just start with a table close to you that has a younger boy and girl sitting at it, decide what date number they are on and how into each other they are. And move on to the next. Get it?

This story, however, takes place at Barns & Nobel (you know, book store).

It was a mildly chilly December day. Not so bad as most can be. My girl friend and I took a trip to a larger town and went to the Barns & Nobel to brush up on our selections of Teen, Fiction, Gay & Lesbian, etc sections that we tend to visit. On this particular day, we had a bit of time to kill before going to see a later movie. So, we were in the book store for a bit too long. As time passed and we finished our normal sections, we ventured into the Humor section. I diligently handed my friend a creative cursing book that I had read before and picked up a humor book of my own liking to check out.

Nearby was a teenage boy and girl, looking at a couple of books and sitting in chairs. Mostly they were chatting and texting. So, like a good eavesdropper, I started to listen in on their conversation. They weren't all that loud, so I didn't catch too much. So, I have to fill in some blanks.

Michelle rolls her eyes at the boy that  is giving her a flirty look. "I'm tired of you two always leading me on."

My ears perk up. Two?

Thomas laughs a bit. "You know, he and I are going to the dance together. You should come with us. Michael is driving us over there."

Michael is Thomas's boyfriend's supportive brother, who knows he has to help his brother connect with his love because their evil parents are not cool with his recent coming out at a bisexual.

About that time, a Glee song starts belting out. Damn that Rachel Barry. Michelle grabs her phone, a bit flushed up because she is in a store that you should be quieter in. She checks the name on the phone and answers. "Hello, we were just talking about you." She listens, then huffs. "Yes, you can talk to him."

"Hello?" Thomas asks. He sit for a second to figure out who is talking to him because he didn't look at the caller ID. "HEY BABY!"

There's a very long pause and some muffled I love yous.

"Yes! We totally need to get Michelle to go with us, don't you think."

She mutters under her breath about how she doesn't feel right with them both wanting to date her while they are dating each other.

Then it starts to get dramatic. "I don't care what she thinks, we aren't taking that bitch with us too. The three of us can have a good time alone."

Tears come to Thomas's eyes. "I'm sorry, baby." He hangs up and hands the phone back to Michelle.

My friend then pulls me away before I can come to the dramatic conclusion. But I can only imagine how the snowball dance goes from there. The three of them going together. Each making out on the dance floor. Everyone else too flabbergasted by their display that they don't know what to say, until a teacher comes up and tells them to knock it off. Then, they all go back to Thomas's house and have a good time alone...

No comments:

Post a Comment